TRAIL more info: https://www.volgaquest.org/marshrut
FORMAT OF THE RACE
The Volga Quest race combines stage-stop’s with a linear distance elements. The first part of the race (that is also the complete competition for the participants of Middle Volga, MV250) is composed of stages with determined length and schedule.
The second part – linear long distance is only for the LD 550 participants.Start is given under any weather conditions. A musher and a team should follow the route chosen and marked by the Volga Quest Trail Committee. The markings and signs will be presented on the mushers meeting before the race. Marshal and the Trail Committee reserve the right to transfer the place of start and/or repeated starts and also changes of a route, its extent and quantity of stages, time of mandatory rest stops in case of inconvenient weather and/or road condition.
– Stage 1 – 8 February 2020 at 12:00 Togliatti — Sosnoviy Solonets (80 km)
– Stage 2 – 9 February 2020 at 09.00 a.m. Sosnoviy Solonets — Shiryaevo (62 km)
– Stage 3 – 10 February 2020 at 09.00 a.m. Shiriaevo- Uslada (108 km), МV 250 finish
– 11 February 2020 – the day of rest. Award ceremony for winners of the “Middle Volga”
– 12 February 2020 at 9.00 a.m. start of the second part of the race “Volga Quest.”
Participants are free to regulate the movement of their teams. The trail runs along the equipped check-points: Russkaya Bektiashka, Ulianovsk, Russkiy Bereg. Bolgar is the official finish of the second part of the race. The trail will be supplied with smaller check-points to control the movement of teams. However, musher must stay for the mandatory rest of 6 hours on one of the big check-points (Russkaya Bektiashka, Ulianovsk, “Russkiy Bereg”).The approximate distance between check-points in the second part of the race are the following:
– Uslada –Russkaya Bektiaska (85 km)
– Russkaya Bektiaska -Ulianovsk (90 km)
– Ulianovsk – ‘Russkiy Bereg’ (70 km)
‘Russkiy Bereg’ – Bolgar (60 km)
Awards will be presented to every musher immediately after crossing the finish line of the last part of the race in Bolgar.
The competition is divided into 2 classes: Long distance 550 for 12-dog teams and Mid distance 250 called Middle Volga for 8-dogs teams.
RACE RULES: https://www.volgaquest.org/pravila
THE COMMITTEE: https://www.volgaquest.org/komitet
Participants entering the race must present to the Race officials:
– application form previously fulfilled and resent by email
– chiplist (2 copies)
– veterinarian passport for every dog
– insurance police
Please find bellow an application form to fill.
The Trail Committee reserve the right to not to submit an application without explaining the reason.
Application letters has being accepted by the Trail Committee up to 10 January 2020
Attend to email box: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official post address:
445042, Stepana Razina street, 19-24 Togliatti city, Samara Area, Russia
(In Russian: 4445042, Россия, Самарская область, г. Тольятти, ул. Степана Разина 19-24)
+7(960) 841 17 26
PRIZE Volga Quest 2020: